Return Goods Policy
As a general rule, J2 Medical Supply, Inc (hereafter J2MS) does not accept returns, nor does it issue refunds for pre-payments or deposits against production orders, for any products. Should there be an exception, all returns or refunds must be authorized by J2MS prior to receipt. J2MS sales representatives are not authorized to approve returns, exchanges, or refunds. Only a J2MS management team member may approve a return, exchange, or refund.
Product must be returned within 10 days of receipt. Authorizations are valid for 10 days. Return goods authorizations (RGAs) must be requested in writing, by contacting a J2MS sales representative or J2MS customer service. Unauthorized returns will be returned to customer at customer’s expense. This policy applies to all customers unless superseded by a separate written agreement that includes specific return goods terms and conditions.
After obtaining an RGA, each return must include the following information:
- Customer’s name, address, and account number.
- RGA number.
- Original PO number or original J2MS order number.
- Lot number and expiration dates where applicable.
Defective products are returnable with prior authorization. Non-defective products may not be returned, unless customer has obtained a prior authorization exception from J2MS, and if such products are in sellable condition and suitable for restocking. Freight and restocking may apply as noted in the Restocking Fee Scheduled listed below. Product may only be returned within 10 days of receipt, and with prior authorization exception.
The following conditions will not be considered for return.
- Products received more than 10 days prior to return request.
- Products considered hazardous materials.
- Special or custom products made to customer specifications or sold as non-returnable.
- Products returned in altered or damaged packaging, or in packaging other than original packaging.
- Refrigerated items.
- Packs broken, breached or damaged (packages that client receives damaged must be photographed upon receipt and denoted with date)
- Items in unsalable units of measure where product cannot be resold.
- Returns prohibited by state law*.
- Products with less than 6 months shelf life remaining based on expiration dates.
- Issuance of an RGA number does not guarantee credit. Credit issuance is dependent on confirmed receipt/review of returned products and is subject to the other terms of this policy.
Damages or Shortages
In an effort to minimize any delay in resolving a damage or shortage claim, customer is required to count all receipts prior to customer’s acceptance of delivery from the carrier. All damages or shortages must be noted on the carrier’s freight bill or bill of lading and be countersigned by the customer. The damaged products must remain in the original carton, in the event inspection is required by the transportation company. Customer must notify J2MS of any damages in transit or product shortages within two (2) business days of receipt, or J2MS shall have no obligation to process credit or arrange for product replacement. Contact J2MS Customer Service via email or a J2MS sales representative, in writing, to report damages or shortages.
Products Shipped in Error by J2MS
Products shipped in error by J2MS are returnable for full credit, provided that such returns are made within ten (10) days of receipt. Customer must notify J2MS of any shipping errors or disputes within two (2) business days of receipt and must be in their original packaging with no signs of damaged packaging to both internal package and external package.
Restocking Fee Schedule (based on approved returns only)
|Return from Date of Invoice||Re-stocking fee Percentage|
|0 – 10 Days||10% / $25 minimum + Freight|
|11 – 20 Days||20% / $25 minimum + Freight|
|21 – 30 Days||25% / $25 minimum + Freight|
|Greater than 30 days||are not returnable unless expressly approved prior to receipt – contact J2MS customer service for additional information.|